Thursday, April 4, 2013

Things I Lie About

Hello internet, I'm C and I'm a liar.


I lie about all kinds of things - in high school it was about doing my homework, not making out with the sophomore in the back of the theatre, but mostly refusing to acknowledge the feelings I had in my pants for pretty much all of my guy friends. Ugh fine...it was a lot about homework.

Annnnd not much has changed. I still lie about making out with so-and-so in the back of whatever, I lie about how much I drink, and I most certainly lie to guys about going on dates. I'm not the phone number slut that N is, but I go on a lot of first dates and am not great at being honest when it's not working out. I have this need for constant approval and attention (theatre major!) and when it comes to dudes I don't have any interest in...I lie. I feel really bad about ditching in the middle of a date. I feel even worse about ignoring you after a few dates when I decide that I was just kidding myself and not at all interested in the super sweet hobbit sized guy living with his mother who has Parkinson's but whose house smells like cat pee. Yet I still do it. I ignore texts and phone calls until they just stop.

And don't get me wrong, I hate myself for it...okay only a little bit. But the worst part is, I get mad when guys can't be honest and tell me when they aren't interested. Conflict is so not my thing, but oh dear god, I am not a fragile china doll. If you are not interested in me (even after a few dates and some hanky panky) I am not going to fall apart. And this is something I need need to start doing as well.

We are all adults.....well most of us. And especially those in the entertainment biz, we are pretty good at handling rejection. So going forward (since Lent is over and so is my celibacy) I'm going to try and be honest about dating. Certainly not anything else, and definitely not about making out with that hot guy in line for the bathroom at the bar.


Just for kicks here is a message I've gotten recently. Go ahead and enjoy the sadness that is my life.


Where is the pic of your calves:)


Eww. This is why I lie about how much I drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment